With BMW’s ConnectedDrive feature on the verge of release, the need to increase awareness was a top priority for the brand. The campaign would have to utilise innovative facets that would come together to create one compelling story for the end user.
We strategised a concept that would generate talkability partly through word of mouth and also media. This would help us increase online traffic and engagement as we attempted to delight consumers with an unexpected experience.
After the conceptulising the idea, we realised we would have to create a 3600
strategy that made use of a number of channels, mainly TV, radio and print. This would be largely supported by digital media which would make use of channel features such as YouTube expanding mastheads, promoted tweets and Vine videos.
What’s more, we would make use of real time traffic reports that would be broadcast on radio making use of a convoy of ConnectedDrive branded BMWs.
- Launch - BMW ConnectedDrive partnered with key regional stations in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban. Stations included Cape Talk, KFM, 702, 947 and East Coast Radio. A convoy of BMW ConnectedDrive brand vehicles were to spend the day, with radio DJs on board, on the road giving real time traffic updates. While at it, the DJs would also endorse the service discussing the campaign online and on air while also making use of video conent that showcased how the system worked.
- Brand Love – The audience was also drawn in by the possibility of winning prizes, with the competition element being driven predominantly on Twitter. Listeners of Cape Town could win a hotel stay, while those of ECR and 702 stood a chance of winning lunch. If they were listening to KFM and 947 the could win a lunch or coffee all courtesy of BMW.
- 19 million OTS were generated
- Social media platforms experienced a 7% increase in engagement
- 2,5 million impressions were achieved across all social media platforms
- 30 thousand clicks were generated
- Search traffic grew by 26% which equated to 16 thousand clicks